Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tool Time!!

I looked at the Tool list at the center and it's not real extensive...which is ok...but I think we could post what we are bringing to make sure there are no gaps or overlaps. I think a few mentioned before what they are bringing. I guess I should go look for that and add it in...but right now here's my plan...

I am bringing for sure:
Punches I commonly use: small and large corner rounder, Large Photo Corner
CM cutting system (Circle and ovals and wavy edge thingy)
Foam stamps and paint to share (I only ask that if you know you are painting something large, please bring your own paint. But just for titles and pages, share away!!)
Basic Acrylic stamps (Journaling blocks, dates) and Tim Holtz Distress inks.


I could bring...
QuicKutz Squeeze + lots of alphas and shapes
EK Succes Curvy Cutter for large circles (only template I have)
Sizzix dies (full size basics and the Sizzlets)
Even more Foam Stamps
Dymo Label maker (paper tapes)
Sewing Machine
Typewriter

I am driving down and back with Lisa and Minda, so bringing it all is not an options. But ask for your favorites or let me know if you are bringing something so we can make sure we have it covered with minimal toting.

9 comments:

nancy_scraps said...

OK...looking back through it looks like Minda(?) is bring her Cricut. Look for that post (look under tools) to see cartridges available.

Lisa already discussed QK and Sizzlets, Seems that with the Cricut this might be too much to carry.

JenM mentioned she would bring her Revolution...anyone else have dies for that they can bring along. I have the "months" Cookie cutter dies I will bring.

Kate is bringing her CutterBee Circle Cutter and Glass Mat...so I think we have large circles covered.

nancy_scraps said...

OK... Minda didn't say she was bringing her Cricut, but yes on cartridges. JenM is bringing her actual machine, and you guys listed TONS of cartridges, so we should be good on the "die cut" front.

itsjustshannon said...

I am not a big tool gal but ya never know. Nicole will probably be bringing her Revolution. She is a big Quickutz fan. I have several acrylic stamps I will bring along with some 7 Gypsies round stamps.

Something to keep in mind as well, is that they do have a computer there to use if someone wants to do computer journaling or anything.

Honestly not sure what I am even going to scrap other than finishing my CJ pages so if we don't have something with....I won't miss it! :)

Mrs Pretzel said...

I think this is a great idea!! Nancy, if you want to make a list, I will put it in the sidebar for everyone to see. Just email me the list!! I have some sizzix I can bring!

cicadagirl said...

I gotta say I'm not much of a tool girl either, except for my computer. It's always hard for me to scrap without it but I may use theirs a little.

I will probably bring my tonic cutter though if that helps anyone! That's the big slice cutter that Shannon turned me onto and now I can't live without.

Nicole said...

Nicole the Quickutz gal checking in. I will be bringing my Revolution and lots of alphas (too many to name). So if anyone else wants to leave theirs home I will gladly share. Haven't seen the cricut in action that should be neat.

Also do we need to have a circle cutter up and down? I've got one too, thank you Katie, and well I love it.

Minda said...

I will bring the fonts that JenM didn't mention that I have...now I have to go check out what she mentioned! I will also try to bring an extra cutting mat and blade, as they can need replacement pretty quick in a big group like this!

Debbie Doughty said...

I have no clue what I will be working on yet, but I think it would be great to have the sewing machine option if it's not too much of a hastle for you to bring it.

JenM said...

I have like 16 carts for my Cricut and will bring them all and am bringing my Sizzix and Revolution. I figure me bringing all my stuff is alot easier because I am alot closer then you guys and am traveling by myself. I have quite a few alphas for both my Sizzix and Rev. I plan on bringing lots of Stamps and all my inks too. Everyone is welcome to use them. I use to be a SU demo.