Monday, February 25, 2008

Soup & Salad Friday

Food glorious food! Since breakfast is covered with our stay and some people are planning on going out on Saturday night we thought we would set up a little plan for Friday Dinner. We will have to wing it for Sunday night!

Some of us WI girls would like to start a little soup and salad dinner for Friday night. We do just need a few more dishes to make the meal complete! Please don't feel obligated, some of us crazy people actually like doing this sort of thing! So sign up here so we have an idea of the variety.

Here is what we have so far:

Soups:
Potato & White Bean Soup
Chili with yummy toppings

Salads:
Tex-Mex Layered Salad
Baby Spinach Salad with Cranberries, Gorgonzola & Pecans
Asian Style Salad
Roasted Potato & Veggie Salad with Balsamic Vinegar and Herbs

Desserts:
Tiny Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes

We could also use some Appetizers & Breads! Remember that the kitchen is pretty well stocked with baking and cooking supplies so you can throw something together there too. :)

TWO MORE DAYS!!!! :)





9 comments:

MegsMama said...

I can bring the breads...crusty on the outside, soft on the inside.

Mrs Pretzel said...

I'm hoping to be able to chip in at the store when we go shopping in town, so I'll see what's still need when we get settled, and then pick something I can buy there. Somehow, I think a salad on the plane might not make it! lol

JenM said...

It will be tossed!

Debbie Doughty said...

Sounds delish! I with Rachel, so ditto what she said!

Debbie Doughty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nancy_scraps said...

Do we need something for a smaller crowd on Thursday night? I could do Chicken Chili if others might be interested. Not sure who all will be there for supper?

Katie said...

Of course those of you traveling by air...no pressure!!! :)

Sounds like people will be wandering in at all times of the day and night on Thursday. But chicken Chili sounds yummy to me! I
ll bring some chips and salsa too. Oh and beer goes with chili, right??
:)

latte_grande said...

Mmmm...beer and chili...*drool*

I won't be getting in until later Thurs. evening, but I'd also like to chip in when we go shopping. I plan on bringing coffee and cream, since I personally cannot survive without it. :) I'll be happy to share, but I MUST know that it will be there, kwim?

Yes, I'm an addict. :)

niColeGadE said...

Sounds delish! Thanks for planning!